CommLead-Spotlight-filler-image.png

CommLeader Spotlight|Andrea Sherrod, Cohort 9

Andrea Sherrod, Cohort 9

What exactly do you do professionally?

Before and during the program, I worked in Email Marketing. However, right now I’m not doing anything. I just got married, and my husband and I will be going to South Korea to teach English this year.

How are you directly applying knowledge from the MCDM program in your daily life?

I’ve never been especially comfortable with public speaking or presenting, but my time in this program has helped me overcome a lot of that due to all of the presentations. Now that I’ll be teaching, I’m really grateful I was able to have so much practice over the past couple of years.

Which classes have had the most impact on you personally and professionally? 

I especially enjoyed the storytelling classes, and I think that being an efficient storyteller will benefit me as a teacher. I also plan on continuing to make videos in my free time, whether it is as freelance work, or just personally to document all of our adventures.

What digital trends are you most intrigued by right now?

I love that so many non-profits are using video to get their messages out. It’s so much more interesting to see the work non-profits do than to read an email about it.

Career-wise, what is your ultimate digital media goal? 

I’d love to be a video producer and/or editor, working for non-profits and small companies to make videos for their websites, fundraising purposes, etc.

And for the sake of a silly question: what’s your favorite dessert and why?

Gelato, because it reminds me of my time in Italy!

Ilona IdlisCommLeader Spotlight|Andrea Sherrod, Cohort 9