- What classes do you teach in the Comm Lead program?
Future of Marketing; Visual Storytelling and Transmedia
- What is your teaching style and philosophy?
Not sure I have a teaching style, but my general attitude is that students in this program are here for a practical reason and I want to be sure they leave my class with some useful skills to take back to their professional careers.
- What has been your favorite non-academic work experience or job position?
My work gets me invited as a guest and professional at comic conventions. How fun is that?
- What’s your favorite class assignment?
In my Future of Marketing class, each team of students owns a different “scenario” (possible future). I really enjoy hearing how they craft those stories.
- What changes do you see in store for your industry?
Take my Future of Marketing class and find out!
- What is one gadget or app you absolutely can’t live without?
I’m a slave to my tablet.
- Favorite place to de-stress in Seattle?
Gold’s Gym on Broadway
- Favorite comfort food?
- Favorite spot on the UW campus?
Magus Books (across the street – does that count?)
- What’s something few students know about you?
I enjoy drawing and playing guitar – despite limited skills at both.