CL-Portfolio_Rini.jpg

Is Instagram the new LinkedIn? Rini Kamal’s visually vibrant Insta-folio

At the end of their first Comm Lead class students produce a portfolio illustrating their leadership through the lenses of story and community. This week, we feature MCCN student (and Comm Lead’s Instagram account curator) Rini Kamal‘s reflections on how the Declaration of Communication Leadership tenets manifest in her life. Not surprisingly, Rini’s portfolio takes the form of an Instagram feed!

“I chose to showcase my work in the form of an Instagram feed. (relying on my passion and aptitude for design, social media and oral communication).

The seven assignments I have produced over this quarter are permanent “Instagram posts.” A total of nine posts including an informal introduction and conclusion with my personal mission statement that I developed in my elective class.

The second part of my portfolio is the highlight reel section (archived temporary “Instagram stories”) Here I’ve decided to go outside of the realms of some tenets and candidly speak about what they mean to me in a broader sense. My thoughts and ideas tie in my social context, identity, past experiences, current time at this graduate program and most certainly shed light on my future aspirations.

I hope to continue to comfortably share my work in a user-friendly format and speak my mind unscripted/unrestricted. This portfolio is almost like “behind the scenes of Rini” and a way to engage my online communities!”

You can browse through Rini’s visually stunning portfolio (@rini_folio) here.

Here’s a glimpse of some of the highlights:

Alex StonehillIs Instagram the new LinkedIn? Rini Kamal’s visually vibrant Insta-folio